Boat Dock Boxes. Where will you place all your tools, sunscreen, and towels? No one wants to go to the hassle of getting them from the house and then taking them back. If you need an extra towel, for instance, you’ll have to go back, but wouldn’t it be easier if everything you needed was already stored on your boat dock? You can store everything you need in a dock box.
What’s a Dock Box, You Ask?
Dock boxes are like large boxes that you can place on your boat dock. Place your dock box in front of your boat slip. You can store items that you don’t need when you hit the lake in your boat dock such as your bag for instance.
You can store the items you need to take out before you hit the waters as well such as your electronics, watersports gear, life jackets, and more. In short, you can use the dock box to store just about everything.
Types of Boat Dock Boxes
You can get the following types of dock boxes:
- Standard Boat Dock Boxes – They’re made from stainless steel and die-cast zinc for increased durability in water.
- Low-profile Boat Dock Boxes – They’re long, narrow, ad rectangular-shaped dock boxes. They’re a good option for narrow boat docks.
- Triangular Boat Dock Boxes – These triangular shaped dock boxes can fit in a corner. If your boat dock receives a lot of foot traffic, this is a good option.
- Seat Top or Bench Boat Dock Boxes – They provide you with an extra seat. If you’re on your boat dock and need a place to sit, you can sit on it.
- Upright Storage Lockers – You can store fishing rods and wakeboards in this type of boat dock box. You can place them below the covered slip, as it’s more spacious there.
The best dock boxes need to have the following features:
1. Weather and Waterproof
Your dock box will stay on your boat dock at all times of the day. You want a durable and strong dock box with the ability to withstand the outdoors. If your area attracts a lot of animals, you can get a dock box that’s animal-proof.
2. UV Gelcoat
UV Gelcoat will also protect your dock box from inclement weather and sun damage.
3. Marine-grade Polyethylene or Fiberglass
Boat dock boxes made from marine-grade polyethylene or fiberglass last longer.
4. Stainless Steel Latches
Stainless steel latches prevent rust formation. They’re also durable.
5. Smooth Interior Finish
A smooth interior finish prevents splinters. You don’t want to reach into your dock box for boat gear only to have splinters on your hand.
6. Gas Shock Lid Lifts
Gas shock lid lifts prevent the lid from swaying or opening on boat docks and boats. Trust us, you don’t want to experience the pain of the lid closing on your hand.
Ensure the dock box locks properly. If you want to keep your navigation or electronic devices in it, you need to ensure it locks.
EZ Dock Texas can provide you with premium quality boat docks to install on your waterfront property. You can buy a boat dock box based on the boat dock’s design. You can contact us at 800-654-8168 for a quote if you’re a resident of Texas, Oklahoma, or New Mexico.