You can protect your boat dock from damage by managing the wave height by investing in wave attenuators. You will come across a wide range of wave attenuators in the market. Before we had the modern and innovative wave attenuators, we have the outdated and faulty wave attenuators.
The old models of wave attenuators didn’t make life easier for owners of floating docks, but more difficult. The old wave attenuators tend to degrade with time, they didn’t add to the boat dock’s beauty, as they weren’t an attractive addition, and they didn’t function as well as boat dock owners hopes.
They left boat docks and boats in a vulnerable position by making them more prone to damage with changing water levels speeding up the wear and tear. Instead of opting for traditional wave attenuators, you need to install the latest ones.
If you have traditional attenuators already installed on your boat dock, consider replacing them, as they won’t hold up over time and won’t save your boat dock from damage. Instead, choose the latest attenuators making waves in the boat dock industry.
The Latest Wave Attenuators Can Protect Your Boat Dock from Wave Damage
You need to take advantage of the latest and newest version of wave attenuators. Compared to traditional attenuators, new attenuators can resolve your problem. You won’t face the issues you’ve been experiencing with the traditional attenuators when you use upgraded attenuators.
The latest models are made of durable and sturdy materials. They can live for a long time in both freshwater and saltwater. They will make your shoreline appear tidy and neat, and at the same time, they will protect your floating dock and boat.
If you want to install the traditional attenuators models on your boat dock, you can, but we suggest exploring the market and then choosing.
When you are looking for wave attenuators, you need to ensure they have the following features:
- Extremely efficient design with proven and tested components and design the uses the surrounding water to give the required mass.
- It comes with a 60-inch pipe with over 1,000 lbs. of water each linear foot.
- The wave attenuator is anchored with cable weights with strong, flexible mooring lines adjusting to the constantly fluctuating water levels. You should choose a spring line that’s 20 times stronger than conventional lines with increases energy absorption properties that other versions of spring lines don’t provide.
- Has a double-walled surface with integrated ribs offering strength and rigidity and the required wave turbulence for redirecting energy to reduce the height and strength of waves.
- It has a tubular shape, which functions to slow down and disrupt the flow of waves.
- Also has a four-feet solid barrier that reflects wave energy to provide boat docks with maximum protection.
If you need more help deciding on the type of boat dock you want to install, give EZ Dock Texas a call at 800-654-8168. We serve the areas of Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.