Finding a boat that meets your family’s needs can be a challenge. There are thousands of models, each one offering something different and unique.
Boating is a great way to spend time with your family and make memories. However, the market is full of wakeboard rigs because, nowadays, people are more interested in extreme water sports. Understandably, it can be difficult to find a boat that accommodates at least a dozen people and offers features such as a decked-out cockpit, a master cabin, a deck with plenty of room to relax and watch the sunset, and more.
After much research, we finally found a boat that offers these features and much more. The Oceanis 46.1 by Beneteau is a beautiful boat, perfect for a family that likes to spend weekends on the water.
First, let’s take a look at a few things you need to consider before buying a family boat:
- Space: The boat’s size should always be a priority when looking at the features. It should offer enough room for the family members to relax without being on top of each other.
- Storage: A boat is incomplete without storage. From your fishing equipment to your scuba diving gear, you need space for plenty of things. Not to mention the luggage and anything you decide to bring along.
- A Roomy Cockpit: Kids like to be up close to the action. This is why a roomy cockpit is a must for any sailing trip.
- Cabins: Multiple cabins are necessary if you are staying on a boat for the weekend with the kids. You and your kids will need room to spend some alone time.
- Hull Design: The larger the boat’s hull, the smoother the sailing. Moreover, this large feature will prevent the boat from capsizing.
Oceanis 46.1 by Beneteau
- Passengers: 12
- Cabins: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
The Oceanis 46.1 has all the features of a luxury yacht. It offers a perfect balance between performance, usable space, and elegance.
The stepped hull of the boat opens up to provide incredible space inside without compromising its sea-keeping performance. It has multiple customizable fittings that make sailing on the boat pleasantly comfortable.
Oceanis 46.1 has a Finot-Conq plan. This architecture allows you to use the cockpit beam, making sailing easy and safe. The self-tailing jib, sheets, halyards, and furling mast make maneuvering simple.
The center of the boat is well-lit thanks to the large hull portholes, allowing you to enjoy the elegant interiors by Nauta Design. The light brushed mahogany creates a warm atmosphere, which can be customized.
Cockpit and Relaxation
The boat’s cockpit is quite spacious and accommodates eight people. There’s a large table and two reclining loungers in the cockpit. One of the best things about these loungers is that you can move them to the deck.
The master cabin is a work of beauty. It has an island bed that measures 160 x 205 cm, a shower room, and plenty of space to furnish the cabin to your liking.
The boat has a longer mast than standard boats, which increases the sail area by 28%. It has Harken Deck fittings, and the lead-bulb keel reduces drag.
So, does Oceanis 46.1 appeal to you? You will need a sturdy dock to tie this boat to. EZ Dock Texas offers high-quality boat docks in different materials and styles, such as floating docks, PWC docks, and drive-on docks. For more information, call (800) 654-8168.